The Šlokenbeka manor was first mentioned in historical sources after year 1484, when, as the historians have assumed, its construction was initiated, in order to protect the nearby Tukums from attacks by invaders. Over the course of the centuries, it has been owned by several dynasties, Butlars and Scenkings, Putkammers and Grothauses, as well as Medems and Rekes. From the former manor house construction, the portholes in the masonry walls have preserved. Since December 1997, the ensemble of Šlokenbeka Manor has been assigned for possesion of Ministry for Transportation of the Republic of Latvia, which has also arranged the Latvian Road Museum at the premises of the manor.
Municipality Ltd. „Šlokenbekas pils”
Address: „Slokenbeka Manor Ensamble”, Milzkalne, Smarde parish, Engure county, LV - 3148
Phone.: +371 29904147